Melita's Coronavirus Information & Resources
With the vast amounts of information from the multitude of sources, we prepared the following summary of the key information and resources. We update this page regularly so please check back often.
CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security) Act
This is the new law detailing all of the various financial assistance options for businesses and individuals.
Our legal partner Seyfarth Shaw has clear and complete info on their COVID-19 Resource Center page where you can find a complete summary of the act including a new webinar video that you can watch on-demand.
FFCRA (Families First Coronavirus Response Act)
This is the law that defines all of the rules and requirements related to COVID-19 leaves.
- See our FFCRA CHART DETAILS for the latest details of this act as well as sample leave policies and FAQs
- Our partner ThinkHR has the latest news and updates on their COVID-19 Critical Response Center page including new guidance related to administering FFCRA leaves.
Employee benefits updates
- Annual San Francisco HCSO filing suspended for the 2019 filing that was due April 2020. The next filing will be due in April 2021. This suspension does NOT apply to the Quarterly San Francisco HCSO City Option so any employers subject to that requirement will need to continue their quarterly filings.
- More employee benefits updates: Most benefits vendors continue to step up their COVID-19 related coverage and plan provisions including FSA, Telehealth benefits, HSA plans, etc. Please view our Benefits Update page for more details including carrier-specific updates.
- Sample employee communication template that includes content on several important benefits-related topics. Please feel free to use this template to assist you with keeping your employees updated on the latest benefits news and developments. Click here to download the template.
California employers – Benefits for workers impacted by COVID-19:
What employees are entitled to may be confusing. The purpose of this information is to make it easier to understand what benefits are available to employees impacted by COVID-19, under FMLA, Paid Sick Leave, Disability Insurance, Unemployment Insurance and Workers Compensation.
This matrix does NOT include the Emergency FMLA Expansion and Emergency Paid Sick Leave laws included in the new Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
Remote working: Setting yourself and your teams up for success:
Linkedin has made their remote working training track available to the public for free to help managers and employees with some tips for being productive working from home.
WebMD’s Coronavirus updates page
This site provides details of the outbreak from a medical viewpoint that is useful for understanding the reality of the pandemic.
If you have any specific questions or clarifications on resources available, please email us at email@example.com, or reach out to your Melita contact person.