Meet the Melitians
At Melita, we are proud of many things, but chief among them are the amazing people that make up our team. We are passionate about helping our clients achieve success through people-focused HR management practices, and we are passionate about building a culture in which all Melitians can thrive and prosper. And we think that’s the most meaningful characteristic of all in determining the ultimate impact a company has on the lives of its employees and its customers.
Key Members of our Team
Paul is Founder & CEO of Melita. He started Melita in 1992 to provide comprehensive HR and benefits consulting and outsourcing services to businesses of all sizes.
Under Paul’s leadership, Melita has evolved over the years to become a leader in helping businesses of all sizes elevate their HR and build an engaged workplace.
Prior to Melita, Paul was the founder and CEO of ClearBenefits, one of the pioneers in the cloud-based benefits software industry.
Karen is the senior HR leader and executive advisor to HR clients of Melita. Karen is responsible for the design, project planning and delivery of all HR initiatives and programs within Melita’s HRElevate portfolio of offerings. Her areas of focus include:
- Performance management and talent assessment
- Training design and facilitation
- Career and professional development
- Leadership coaching and development
- Employee engagement assessments, including needs/gap analysis
- Corporate culture development
A seasoned professional, Karen brings a wealth of experience to Melita and its’ clients, with a background that includes VP of Human Resources for AtHoc, Inc., a crisis communications start-up where Karen built and led the HR function, Sr. Director and Global HR Business Partner of Ericsson telecommunications and HR Director of Better Place, an electric vehicle start-up where Karen designed global human resources programs and processes. Prior to that, Karen was head of HR for SAP Labs in Palo Alto. Karen holds an MS from San Francisco State University.
Jodi is the Benefits Technology Specialist at Melita. She manages benefit technology implementations, open enrollments and provides ongoing support for clients that use technology to manage their benefits. Her areas of focus include:
- Full system implementation of benefit plan rules, details, rates
- Test client sites to ensure proper functionality
- Ongoing maintenance of client site, including the set-up or annual open enrollments
- Primary point of contact for Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) issues and carrier discrepancies
With over 12 years of experience working in the Benefits field, Jodi has developed advanced knowledge of ADP’s WFN, PlanSource, Ease Central, and SychHR. She is also experienced with BeneTrac, Ascentis, and ClearBenefits.
- ADP Certified Specialist: ADP Workforce Now – Payroll
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), American Payroll Association
August is Vice President / Client Advisor at Melita, specializing in Employees Benefits. He helps clients make decisions with a long term view in mind, which usually translates into bottom line savings.
August is also up to date on all industry changes, and informs clients on what is required to stay legal and to get all around competitive Benefits package. August is truly an extension of your HR team!